Frontex, the European Border and Coast Guard Agency – a job with a mission
Who we are
Frontex, the European Border and Coast Guard Agency, is one of the most dynamic and fastest-growing EU agencies. While the responsibility for the management of the external borders remains primarily with the Member States, we support border control at land, air and sea borders by reinforcing, assessing and coordinating actions at the external borders of the EU and fighting cross-border crime. We deploy specialised border guards, as well as vessels, airplanes and other technical equipment, to those EU countries which face an increased migratory pressure.
Where we are
We are based in Warsaw, Poland. We also have offices in Piraeus (Greece) and in Catania (Italy) and deploy liaison officers to various EU and non-EU countries.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Allowances (depending on your situation):
- 24/7/365 Sickness & Medical insurance
- Competitive EU pension scheme
- Sports reimbursement
- Public-transport card
- Language classes
- Variety of learning opportunities
- Assistance of expatriate-services team
- Privileges and tax advantages for expatriate staff provided by Polish authorities
- High-class office facilities
- Dynamic working environment
- Multicultural experience
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- European accredited school in Warsaw
Who we are looking for
Whether you have worked for many years or you have just started your career, we are looking for candidates with different profiles and experience from all across the EU and Schengen Associated Countries. There are more than 2000 of us working at Frontex. We aim to reach 4000 by 2027, which requires a steady flow of new hires. Just in the first 7 months of 2022 we recruited 403 staff members, meaning one out of five persons working at Frontex joined within the year. We have a diverse staff coming from 30 Member States and Schengen Associated Countries. Many of our experts work in operations or as analysts, other provide operational support. Frontex also relies on a strong administrative staff to coordinate all of our activities.